Novetta is seeking a skilled Data Scientist SME to support a fast paced, innovative project supporting our client in the field of data science and AI/Machine Learning.
- 10+ (Expert) years of related experience
- Thorough (Senior)/Working (Expert) knowledge of individual, organizational, technological, or transactional issues of national security concern.
- Prior experience with the IC and methodological experience in some of the following areas:
- Relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets)
- Situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood)
- Systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system – political, military, economic, social or technical – to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it may react to shocks)
- Business analytics (supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve business of intelligence)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in two or more (Senior)/all three (Expert) of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics (e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Computer programming (e.g. scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Visualization (e.g. dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis
- Thorough/Working knowledge of Python and some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, C/C++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to develop comprehensive software applications, as needed
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e. tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demands change
- Ability work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
Security Clearance Requirements:
- An active TS/SCI w/Poly clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.