Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a highly motivated Deputy Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to join our team’s McLean, VA office. This person will perform the tasks of a system-level ISSM for multiple Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) programs, perform management of ISSO and ISSE personnel, deploy the strategic vision of the Corporate ISSM, and provide feedback on the development of the Information Assurance (IA) program. The successful candidate will work independently and as a team member, must be a quick learner, self-motivated, reliable, able to transition strategic vision into actionable plans, and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to manage stress in a professional manner. Candidate must be knowledgeable in computer security principles and policies, to include the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), and Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM). This is a multi-tasking environment that demands strong customer service, communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
The candidate will support information system life cycle activities from establishing systems, to scoping systems for new programs, preparing Risk Management Framework packages, overseeing regular maintenance, support of systems during program execution, to program close-out and de-certification activities.
- In concert with the Corporate ISSM, FSO and ISSO’s, maintain a commendable/superior IS Security Program.
- Refine, implement, and recommend integrated security solutions for multiple classified IS with various operating systems.
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis.
- Interface between classified system ISSOs and Corporate ISSM on daily operations, compliance information, and program implementation.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies required by the NISPOM and ICD to ensure compliance with the Authorizing Official approved security posture.
- Prepare and maintain system security Assessment and Authorization documentation (e.g., IA SOP, SSP,) including participation in system categorization.
- Update and maintain the system POA&M as required, delegate & manage remediations, and advise corporate ISSM on needed resources and compliance issues.
- Implement and distribute IS security education, training, and awareness program.
- Assist in the investigation into security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, corporate information security policies, and system-level implementations of security controls.
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented correctly and functioning as designed.
- Provide support and leadership to ISSO and ISSE personnel for maintaining the appropriate operation of the information assurance (IA) posture for a growing cybersecurity organization.
- Provide policy and procedure inputs to the corporate ISSM to improve functionality or to meet system-specific needs.
- 5-10 years in the following areas:
- Experience implementing NISPOM and ICD IS requirements and working in a secure environment.
- IT Security experience working as a security professional in the DoD/DSS Industrial Security environment
- Technical experience securing networks and systems utilizing DISA STIGs and/or SRGs.
- Experience with ACAS, HBSS, and CCRI highly desired
- In-depth experience and understanding of documentation and tools such as: NISPOM, DoD 8500 Series, NIST Publications (800-171, 800-53, 800-37, etc.), DISA STIGs, DAAPM Baseline Standard requirements and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Be technically familiar with multiple operating systems such as Windows 7 and 10, Linux, and virtualization technologies.
- Familiarity conducting vulnerability scans using Nessus.
- Excellent communication skills; written, presentation, and spoken.
- Collaborative and teaching approach when working with others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize based on urgency.
- Candidate must have strong policy development skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Possess a DoD 8570.01-M IAM II baseline certification (CISSP preferred) or be able to obtain one within 6 months
- Supervisory experience preferred.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.