Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a Software Engineer to work independently or in small teams to perform software development in the Java language for Enterprise Services. You will be responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
- Work from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications.
- Assist with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation of programs through all phases of software systems programming.
- Work with other system support groups to resolve problems, set standards and improve efficiency of the operating system.
- Design, code, test and implement tools for automation.
- 3+ years of software engineering and software development with strong Java/ J2EE/C++ experience
- 3+ years of experience with modern software practices included coding standards and configuration management
- 3+ years experience with common development and management tools such as Git and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system administration
- An active Secret clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.