Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will work as part of a Cyber Security team responsible for the building, securing, and monitoring of multiple classified and unclassified cloud environments for a government customer.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will help architect, design, and implement solutions for security products such as Splunk, ACAS/Tenable, McAfee, GuardDuty, etc.
- Operate Splunk components and maintain functionality, to include: clustered environments, forwarder configuration, installing standard configuration files, and conducting SPL queries.
- Create Splunk dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Conduct system analysis and user behavior analysis.
- Perform ACAS/Tenable Security Center tasks such as building vulnerability and compliance scans, and work with system administrators to resolve findings.
- Operate and maintain McAfee products such as EPO or HBSS. This includes custom rule set construction and installing agents in conjunction with server configuration and engineering.
- Working with Engineers, Developers, and the ISSM, to document system settings and configurations as part of the Body of Evidence (BOE) for Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages in accordance with the NIST 800-53, Rev 4.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- DoD 8570 IAM/IAT Level II or III certification (Security+, CISSP, or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience implementing NIST 800-53 security controls and the Risk Management Framework
- 5+ years experience installing applications and security appliances on servers from scratch.
- Experience building, securing, and/or monitoring Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or equivalent
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
- Splunk Certified Power User certification or higher
- Experience implementing DISA STIGs on Windows or Linux systems
- REGEX or other scripting experience
- Ability to operate independently in Windows and Linux environments with command line competence in either/both.
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple efforts as needed.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.