Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will work as part of a Cyber Security team responsible for the building, securing, and monitoring of multiple classified and unclassified cloud environments for a government customer.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will help architect, design, and implement solutions for security products such as Splunk, ACAS/Tenable, McAfee, GuardDuty, etc.
- Operate Splunk components and maintain functionality, to include: clustered environments, forwarder configuration, installing standard configuration files, and conducting SPL queries.
- Create Splunk dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Conduct system analysis and user behavior analysis.
- Perform ACAS/Tenable Security Center tasks such as building vulnerability and compliance scans, and work with system administrators to resolve findings.
- Operate and maintain McAfee products such as EPO or HBSS. This includes custom rule set construction and installing agents in conjunction with server configuration and engineering.
- Working with Engineers, Developers, and the ISSM, to document system settings and configurations as part of the Body of Evidence (BOE) for Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages in accordance with the NIST 800-53, Rev 4.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- DoD 8570 IAM/IAT Level II or III certification (Security+, CISSP, or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience implementing NIST 800-53 security controls and the Risk Management Framework
- 5+ years experience installing applications and security appliances on servers from scratch.
- Experience building, securing, and/or monitoring Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or equivalent
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
- Splunk Certified Power User certification or higher
- Experience implementing DISA STIGs on Windows or Linux systems
- REGEX or other scripting experience
- Ability to operate independently in Windows and Linux environments with command line competence in either/both.
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple efforts as needed.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.