Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta Solutions is seeking a DevOps Engineer to work on an enterprise data management system. You will provide systems and development platform support combining Linux experience, network knowledge and scripting abilities to automate the complete software development life-cycle and identify tools / techniques to improve user workflow and capabilities.
Positive attitude and user support oriented, willingness to teach and advise on technical and functional issues to teammates. The candidate will be required to meet operational requirements.
- 5-7 years of experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience owning projects and initiatives within the team, providing peers with technical guidance and direction.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture and processes.
- Experience working with program managers, software engineers, and service owners to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of services.
- Strong familiarity with basic services such as DHCP, DNS, NFS, and SMTP.
- Familiar with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible (preferred).
- Experience using Jenkins, GitLab, AWS CodePipeline or other tools for pipeline automation.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, Memcached, and Redis.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, including KVM, Xen, or VMWare.
- Strong Knowledge of Cloud and CDN Services, including OpenStack, or AWS.
- Experience writing in a scripting language (Bash, Python).
- Understanding of application deployment strategies and experience deploying applications to production systems in an effect and reliable manner.
- Familiarity migrating databases and infrastructure from on-prem to cloud based solutions.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring solutions and effective techniques for monitoring (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB).
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- Active TS in JPAS
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.