Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking an experienced Lead Systems Engineer, located in the Boston, MA, to be responsible for the oversight of a team of system and network engineers responsible for the development and production environments in support of a command and control (C2) software and hardware solution. The C2 system is a MULTI-INT geospatial visualization platform that synthesizes the data from multiple sensor platforms and payloads, allowing the operator to see a real-time common operating picture (COP) of the mission environment. This position will design, provide and maintain the infrastructure that is essential to the meet the requirements of this dynamic landscape.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of system and network engineers in the design, maintenance and test of development and production environments for a command and control (C2) software and hardware solution.
- Manage and execute Agile-design and development of new capabilities based on customer and stakeholder requirements.
- Develop and maintain system architecture based on short-, medium-, and long-term objectives across multiple clients. This includes providing technical leadership to improve the overall security, usability, performance, maintainability, and scalability of the existing application
- Design complex solutions related to Novetta hardware design and integration, to include integration of sensors (full-motion video, radars, WAMI, etc.) and their payloads into a fast-paced, low-latency operation environment with high-performance mission requirements
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and diagrams for both high- and low-level architecture/network views.
- Ability to assess and communicate technology issues that may impact the system.
- Support a Microsoft systems baseline and Cisco network baseline configuration.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to teach and advise team members on technical and functional issues.
- 8 to 12 years of experience and increasing levels of responsibility in the disciplines of systems engineering and administration, network engineering and administration, and personnel management
- Possess a Cisco certification (CCNA or CCNP) or DOD 8570 Certification (CISSP, MCP, Security+)
- Previous experience leading a systems engineering team of at least three (3) team members.
- Experience supporting Cisco network and Microsoft systems in stand-alone or distributed test and deployment environments.
- Expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, VOIP, etc.
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, and hardening.
- Experience maintaining cyber-security best practices in production environments.
- Experience with data management and disaster recovery processes.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with military tactical solutions supporting ISR (FMV, radar, etc.) and/or C2 solutions.
- Previous experience as a field support engineer.
- Trained in DoD Operational Security (OpSec) guidelines.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Work well within a matrixed organization.
- Must have an active Secret clearance
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.