Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer, located in the Columbia, Maryland area, to be responsible for developing and coordinating program level maintenance operations in support of a wide variety of complex airborne ISR mission sensor configurations. Supervise and manage program level activities including mission system maintenance, subcontractor level support, reporting and compliance with DCMA regulations. Provide input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans. Implement organizational logistic strategies.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures for designing, developing and handling equipment.
- Ensure all equipment engineering projects, initiatives, and processes comply with established policies and objectives.
- Monitor and test network and system performance for potential bottlenecks.
- Solve complex IT topics related to the Novetta hardware and software design and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to teach and advise team members on technical and functional issues.
- Work well within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead by the project’s prime contractor.Implement and maintain policies and procedures for designing, developing and handling equipment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience as a systems engineer or field support engineer supporting Cisco network and Microsoft systems in stand-alone or distributed test and deployment environment.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, and hardening.
- Interact and collaborate with the customer on a daily basis to meet production schedule.
- Collect customer requirements and plan weekly tasks for the team.
- 5+ years in troubleshooting help desk experience
- 5+ years managing NIPR, SIPR systems on a DoD network
- 2+ years coordinating technical refresh on DoD systems
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary.
- Experience maintaining cyber-security best practices in production environments.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (e.g., Acronis or drive duplicator).
- Experience with data management and disaster recovery processes.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Ability to lead an engineering support team to provide daily direction and guidance.
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams.
- Industry Certifications Security +; CISSP; CCNA
- BS in Computer Science or military experience in the field of IT, sensors, RADAR, or ISR.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.