Novetta is seeking Digital Forensic Analysts of all levels to support an ongoing requirement for the Bureau of Diplomatic Security's Computer Investigations & Forensics Division. The selected candidates will complete forensic exams as part of a team and should possess strong problem solving skills, comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply all applicable digital forensic techniques and procedures.
- Utilize experience and knowledge of a wide variety of advanced computer technologies, encryption schemes, and forensic theories to conduct analysis of submitted evidence
- Collaborate with other forensic analysts, law enforcement officers, and legal experts to identify and recommend methods and procedures for recovery, preservation, analysis, and presentation of digital evidence
- Evaluate and become proficient with new forensic tools and methods
- Stay abreast of trends in computer forensics, cyber security, forensic law, mobile devices, social media tools, mobile applications, and encryption technologies
- Duties include case assignment, case management, case review, and scene management
- Conduct complex and technical difficult forensic examinations of digital media from a variety of sources with goal of developing forensically sound evidence
- Utilize industry accepted forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK, NUIX, Cellebrite, etc.
- Prepare clear and comprehensive notes and reports of findings. Testify to those findings in judicial proceedings.
- Review and approve reports, notes, and case files
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field and a minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years professional, specialized experience in a related field. Or twenty (20) years professional, specialized experience in a related field is required without a Bachelor’s degree. Program management may waive education and/or experience based on program needs
- At least four (4) CIF approved forensic certifications, such as CFCE, EnCE, ACE, and CDFE
- Training and experience in conducting forensic examinations of digital media, audio and video, cell phones and other mobile devices, network intrusions, and malware analysis.
- Other unique and industry leading technical abilities can be substituted for years of experience upon CIF COR approval.
- Ability to work independently and provide technical direction and guidance to lower level professional/technical contract personnel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Possess a flexible, team-oriented approach to work
- Refined organizational and planning skills are essential
- Experience drafting and editing reports and documents
- Possess strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve, use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and make recommendations to senior managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully, courteously, and professionally with customers and peers
- Ability to work independently on projects and issues while adhering to policy guidelines
- Superior critical, creative, and analytical thinking skills
Secret security clearance required
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.