Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a Senior Cyber Threat Hunter and Researcher to support a fast-paced and ever evolving cyber network defense mission. The analyst will work as part of a team to identify potential and actual cyber threats to the Department’s computer networks. They will provide analysis and produce enhanced cyber security and threat intelligence information to include:
- active and potential threats to the customer’s information and information systems
- provide timely and relevant technical analysis to assist with mitigating cyber threats confronting the Department
- supports evaluation, implementation, and operations of tools/technologies used in advanced analysis
- 5-8 years of experience in network security with a focus on computer forensics, static code reverse engineering, and advanced (packet) network analysis. Static code reverse engineering experience can be substituted by experience in similar skill in computer forensics, network analysis, mobile device forensics related to malicious code, network flow analysis, or other similar skill
- Knowledge of various cyber threats and commonly used tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Familiarity with computer network protocols and operations and conducting open-source research
- Knowledge of malware types, malware analysis tools and procedures
- Experience with analysis and/or targeting in the intelligence or computer network defense communities
- Experience using open and closed reporting mechanisms to perform research
- Experience with the technical capabilities and limitations of the Internet and online technologies
- Ability to write concise analytical products and assessments, brief senior government leaders
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and demanding work environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, International Security Studies, Political Science, or Business Administration with a focus on IT Administration is strongly preferred; strong technical skills override degrees.
- MA or MS degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, International Security Studies, Political Science, or Business Administration with a focus on IT Administration
- Certifications: Security+, Network+, CISSP
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.