Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking an experienced Network or Systems Engineer, located in the Elizabeth City, NC area, to be responsible for the network design, test, and maintenance of development and production environments in support of a command and control (C2) software and hardware solution. This position is also responsible for the integration of sensors (full-motion video, radars, WAMI, etc) and their payloads into a fast-paced, low-latency operational environment that must meet high-performance mission requirements. This position also creates and maintains detailed documentation and diagrams for both high-level network views and low-level network views and must have expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Be proficient supporting a Microsoft systems baseline and Cisco network baseline configuration.
- Properly handle, configure and test hardware and software material.
- Monitor and test network and system performance for potential bottlenecks.
- Solve complex IT topics related to the Novetta hardware and software design, and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to teach and advise team members on technical and functional issues.
- Work well within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead by the project’s prime contractor.
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineer, systems engineer or field support engineer supporting Cisco network and Microsoft systems in stand-alone or distributed test and deployment environment.
- Possess a Cisco certification (CCNA or CCNP) and Comptia Security+
- 5+ years working with TCP/IP networking including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- 3+ years’ experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, and hardening.
- Experience maintaining cyber-security best practices in production environments.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent military experience in the field of IT, sensors, radar, or ISR.
- Background with a multiple network devices including firewalls, multiplexers, routers, hubs, bridges, and VOIP
- DOD 8570 Certifications (e.g., Security+ or MCP)
- Trained in DoD Operational Security (OpSec) guidelines
- Experience with military tactical solutions supporting ISR and/or C2 solutions
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently
- Active Secret security clearance required.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.