Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking an Systems Engineer to be a member of a software development team responsible for delivering and supporting high visibility, high performing and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the Enterprise, you will be directly responsible for. The Systems Engineer will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment and has a “can do” attitude. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis, abstract reasoning, software engineering, and technical documentation. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the DoD Application Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), etc. and have a demonstrated proficiency with supporting the planning, development, and maintenance of high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Partner with the Government to design a Common Operating Picture (COP) to provide a timely Common Intelligence Picture (CIP) for Combatant Commands. The solution will be a collaborative and scalable data-service to enable community-wide access to information and enable better decision-making.
- Identifying, defining, analyzing, and coordinating customer needs and constraints and translating them into technical requirements and custom application designs.
- Recommending tools, architectures, technologies, and methodologies that will support and optimize robust, scalable enterprise solutions
- Developing high level systems and functional requirements for enterprise systems
- Establishing data modeling, integration, and enterprise information management standards and techniques and supporting documentation
- Evaluating existing systems architecture and technologies and identifying opportunities for optimization and enhancement
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing system and programmatic documentation. Documentation will cover full system lifecycle as described by the DoD JCIDS process such as: Requirements Specifications, System Engineering Plans, Capabilities Documents, Interface Control Documents, and DoDAF Artifacts
- Providing direct technical guidance and client support; and other tasks as needed/as directed
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- 3+ Years supporting the design and development of high performing, scalable, and robust enterprise information systems
- 3+ Years’ experience working with a DoD software development program
- 3+ Years’ experience with the DoD JCIDS process
- 3+ Years’ experience DoD System Engineering Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with system modeling and documentation methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency with the generation and maintenance of DoDAF documentation
- Demonstrated proficiency of modern architectures, technologies, and methodologies and their application in a cloud environment
- Understanding of DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Strong coordination, organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve issues, and meet challenging schedules
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- Systems Engineering Related Certifications
- 5+ Years supporting the design and development of high performing, scalable, and robust enterprise information systems
- 5+ Years’ experience working with a DoD software development program
- 5+ Years’ experience with the DoD JCIDS process
- 5+ Years’ experience DoD System Engineering Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with DOD/IC Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and concepts (IPAT, ASDS, DIACAP, DISA STIGs, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and support to Government Clouds (MilCloud, C2S, etc.)
- Top Secret/SCI required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.