Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Cyber Systems Engineer will assist the Cyber Security Team to generate technical documentation and conduct continuous monitoring of systems, as well as perform application of security controls and conduct research of threats detected. The Cyber Systems Engineer will provide interface between cyber security team, the GCS engineering team, and software development team, taking specific consideration of operating system and application mitigations and security requirements.
- Act as an information security advisor to multiple contractor and government Program Managers
- Build and maintain strong, trusted relationships with government accrediting authorities
- Act as a liaison between the government client, the contractor and the DAA on all matters relating to information security
- Analyze information systems and software to assess their security posture and vulnerabilities. Suggest mitigation or remediation strategies
- Track updates to DoD cybersecurity regulations and the security technical implementation guide
- Assist engineering with configuration management as it relates to system and software cybersecurity
- Advise and assist engineering and development resources on secure coding and engineering practices
- Prepare & update certification packages for NIST, DCID, and RMF frameworks, as required
- Assist in the sustainment of secure, classified systems and software that are field-deployed.
- 3+ years of experience with some or all the directives and requirements outlined in the DCID 6/3, JAFAN 6/3, ICD 503, NIST, and CNSS policies that govern the deployment of secure information systems.
- 3+ years of experience in developing and authoring system documentation (System Security Plans, Security Requirements Traceability Matrices, Security Test and evaluation Plans, etc.) that supports the Certification and Accreditation process.
- 2+ years of experience with system auditing and vulnerability scanning.
- 2+ years of experience maintaining cyber-security best practices in production environments.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing accreditation requirements and guidelines (e.g., STIGs) and translating those into requirements for inclusion into system and software baselines.
- BS in an engineering field or equivalent.
- Understanding of government/defense processes, structures and methods.
- Served previously in an ISSM or ISSO role; CISSP or similar certification; experience with Microsoft and Linux operating systems; experience in requirements analysis.
- Experience with scanning tools, specifically NESSUS and Fortify.
- Systems engineering experience, specifically with military tactical solutions supporting ISR and/or C2 solutions.
- Secret clearance required to start, can hold up to a TS
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.