Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Design and develop signal processing software components using C++, Java, and Python in UNIX and LINUX OS environment in accordance with emerging mission needs. Define and implement data formatting and interface specifications. Design, develop and implement algorithms for specialized automated processes and interfaces with databases. Develop scripts to support remote deployment, troubleshooting and system maintenance activities. Document software release descriptions and remote deployment procedures.
- Twenty (20) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience maybe substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering Linux/Unix systems
- General understanding and experience working with and configuring Linux disk encryption
- Experience with Linux Volume Manager
- Experience provisioning systems, configuring systems, patching and managing systems, and securing/hardening systems
- Experience working with VMWare
- Experience in developing and implementing system configuration scripts in Perl, Bourne Bash and/or C-Shell
- Experience creating documentation to outline processes and procedures
- Experience with:
- Linux firewall configuration (ip tables)
- NAT and gateway setup
- Remote server management
- Server certificates (environment specific), encryption and secure protocols
- Scripting languages to include but not limited to Bash, Perl, Python
- Use of management tools
- Building RPMs
- Experience deploying software updates to remote systems
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches and routers
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
So, what does Novetta do?
Novetta is an advanced big data analytics company with over two decades of experience solving problems of national significance for government agencies and commercial enterprises worldwide. We have pioneered disruptive technologies and solutions in four key areas of advanced analytics: data, cyber, open source/media, and multi-int analytics. Our specialties include data fusion and entity analytics, digital forensics, software development, geospatial intelligence, biometrics and identify intelligence, cyber/network security services, threat detection, malware analysis, signals processing, cloud analytics, ISR, discovery workflow engineering, systems engineering, and SOC support.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.