Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Senior Security Monitoring Analyst with significant experience managing cases with enterprise SIEM systems like Splunk. Experience and solid understanding of the following technologies:
- Endpoint security products
- Email security products for exchange like IronPort
Experience with one or more of the following tools:
- RSA/Security Analytics
- Wireshark or other information security tools
- Four (4)+ years of monitoring and detection with expertise of deep packet and log analysis
- Ability to create IS/IPS content
- Lead SOC analysis activity and log analysis
- Expert ability to recognize potential, successful/unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Expertise leveraging situational awareness reports for advanced threats such as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and Focused Operations (FO) incidents
- Ability to author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation when needed
- Expert understanding of network protocols and packet analysis tool
- Deep understanding of Windows, Linux operating systems network behavior
- Familiarity with basic forensics and malware analysis
- Ability to lead on incident research when appropriate with ability to mentor junior analysts
- Provide correlation and trending of cyber incident activity
- Understanding of concepts of identifying anomalous behaviors
- Ability to provide timely and relevant security reports as necessary
- One or more certifications, including but not limited to: GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC, CEH, CISSP, CCNA (Security) or equivalent
- Active Secret clearance; TS eligible
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.