Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Provides Penetration testing and assessment lead support to a cabinet level federal agency. As a Principal Penetration Tester the candidate will lead a small team of information assurance professionals working to improve the customers’ technical security posture. The candidate will work closely with the Red Cell Team Lead to provide support on and/or lead assessments from beginning to completion including meeting with systems owners, scoping assessments, delivery of assessment reports, briefing system owners and stake holders.
Coordinates with government leads to plan assessments, manage customer expectations, and promote process improvement. Duties include planning and leading security assessments, writing reports, briefing event details to leadership, and coordinating remediation with personnel throughout the globe.
- Lead Red Cell assessments
- Assess and enhance current processes for penetration testing and vulnerability assessment
- Recommend mitigation and remediation strategies based upon the class and category of vulnerability
- Performs Leadership Support and Penetration Testing on web and other applications, network infrastructure and operating system infrastructures.
- Briefs executive summary and findings to stakeholders to include Sr. Leadership
- Have an understanding of how to create unique exploit code, bypass AV and mimic adversarial threats.
- Assesses the current state of the customer’s system security by identifying all vulnerabilities and security measures.
- Helps customer perform analysis and mitigation of security vulnerabilities.
- Researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption.
- Provide support to incident response teams through capability enhancement and reporting.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior, mid, and senior staff members by creating and teaching latest techniques in ethical hacking and vulnerability analysis.
- 8+ years of experience working in an IT Environment
- 2+ years of hands-on Penetration Testing experience, and demonstrate hands-on expertise and/or training in areas of emerging technologies
- 5+ years of experience Scripting (Windows/*nix), Bash, Python, Perl or Ruby, Systems Programming
- 2+ years of experience with OWASP top 10, PTES and NIST 800-53.
- Familiarity with Cloud solutions and how to test their security (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft O365 and Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Ability to perform static and/or dynamic code review.
- CISSP Certification
- OSCP, GIAC GPEN, GWAPT or other Penetration Testing certifications
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Secret required, Top Secret preferred
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.