Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Incident Handler provides support on a mission-critical federal agency cyber security program. They contribute to a team of information assurance professionals working to improve the technical security posture of an enterprise network. The position assists government staff in managing and resolving incidents.
Core competencies include:
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
- Knowledge of the NCCIC National Cyber Incident Scoring System to be able to prioritize triaging of incident
- Knowledge of general attack stages (e.g., foot printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks, etc.)
- Skill in recognizing and categorizing types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
- Knowledge of basic system administration and operating system hardening techniques
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of different operational threat environments (e.g., first generation [script kiddies], second generation [non nation-state sponsored], and third generation [nation-state sponsored])
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, PL/SQL and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, and malicious code)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Incident Management, Operations Management, Cybersecurity or related discipline with a minimum 1 year of incident management or cybersecurity operations experience OR High school diploma with 3 years incident management or cybersecurity operations experience
- Monitor external data sources (e.g., Computer Network Defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams [CERTs], SANS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of Computer Network Defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
- Be able to identify the cause of an incident and recognizing the key elements to ask external entities when learning the background and potential infection vector of an incident
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts
- Track and document Computer Network Defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution
- Work with other components within the organization to obtain and coordinate information pertaining to ongoing incidents
- Master’s degree in technical field
- Certifications: Security+, GCIH, GCIA
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.