Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Senior Host-based Systems Analyst provides support on a mission-critical federal agency cyber security program. They contribute to a team of information assurance professionals working to improve the technical security posture of an enterprise network. The position assists government leads in managing digital forensics investigations.
- Uses leading edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected cyber intrusions
- Follows proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Produces written reports documenting digital forensic findings
- Determines programs that have been executed, finds files that have been changed on disk and in memory
- Uses timestamps and logs (host and network) to develop authoritative timelines of activity
- Finds evidence of deleted files and hidden data
- Identifies and documents case relevant file-system artifacts (browser histories, account usage and USB histories, etc.)
- Creates forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic image) to use for data recovery and analysis
- Performs all-source research for similar or related network events or incidents
- Skill in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge in proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline + 8 years of host-based investigations or digital forensics experience OR High School Diploma + 10 years of host-based investigations or digital forensics experience experience
- Assists with leading and coordinating forensic teams in preliminary investigation
- Plans, coordinates and directs the inventory, examination and comprehensive technical analysis of computer related evidence
- Distills analytic findings into executive summaries and in-depth technical reports
- Serves as technical forensics liaison to stakeholders and explains investigation details to include forensic methodologies and protocols
- Tracks and documents on-site incident response activities and provides updates to leadership throughout the engagement
- Evaluates, extracts and analyzes suspected malicious code
- Assists Federal leads with overseeing and leading forensic teams at onsite engagements by coordinating evidence collection operations
- Provides technical assistance on digital evidence matters and forensic investigative techniques to appropriate personnel when necessary
- Writes in-depth reports, supports with peer reviews and provides quality assurance reviews for junior personnel
- Supports in overseeing forensic analysis and mentoring/providing guidance to others on data collection, analysis and reporting in support of onsite engagements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Master’s degree in technical field
- Active TS/SCI required.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.