Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a highly entrepreneurial and energetic business leader to direct the launch and growth of a new business venture in the technology transfer (T2) sector. Apply your knowledge and experience in the T2 or Intellectual Property (IP) sector by contributing to the launch of a new commercial Marketplace in Fall 2019.
This is a great opportunity to lead a successful start-up within a larger, stable and well-funded innovative company!
Berico Technologies, an enterprise division of Novetta, was selected by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Technology Partnership Office (TPO) to develop an on-line marketplace facilitates discovery and engagement among various members of the Technology Transfer (T2) community. This initiative is a very high priority among Federal executives, and a significant part of NIST’s activities related to the President’s Management Agenda (PMA) – defined as Cap Goal 14.
The marketplace is a focused service designed to engage both new and experienced participants, with the ability to proactively market both the platform – and selected high- potential innovations – to millions of commercial partners. Through Berico’s partnership with Dun & Bradstreet TM millions of new potential partners can be identified continuously using advanced analytic models to identify likelihood of interest. Berico is working in close partnership with NIST and other Federal Labs for this Phase of the project, but after launching publicly we will wholly own and operate the marketplace as a completely commercial venture. Future Phases include working with university and corporate innovators also. The team has already developed a prototype and will begin testing with a User Group in Summer 2019.
Tasks you will be responsible for may include development and documentation of final business model, defining and testing the pricing framework, conducting market analysis, and providing input to on-line product design. You will be responsible for identifying outreach and marketing opportunities, developing a marketing plan, and conducting outreach engagements at conferences and other venues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the growth and success of this new business venture including all hiring, investment, strategy, and operational decisions impacting Profit and Loss (P&L). This role reports directly to, and works closely with, the CEO of Berico Technologies.
- Four to eight years of experience in the T2 or IP sectors, with good understanding of relevant governing policy and practices
- Working knowledge of intellectual property law, major areas of scientific advancement, technology marketing, business and investment strategies, and business law and processes
- Vision and passion for transforming traditional approaches
- Commitment to becoming a highly visible leader in research and technology transfer representing the business and our team across the broad T2 community, including senior law makers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated business and strategy acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Willingness to make hard decisions
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Financial management and budgeting experience
Desired skills, experience or attributes:
- Marketing or market plan development experience
- Experience using social media to drive market adoption and growth
- Existing network of contacts across the T2 community
- Ability to write and deliver presentations to large audiences
- Proficiency with PowerPoint/Excel/Word or Google Slides/Docs/Sheets
- Charismatic and dynamic aura, comfortable with serving as the “face of the business” for branding and outreach
- Academic background or experience in scientific or technology research a plus, but not required.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.