Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking an experienced System Administrator to provide operational support services and resources to enable NGA’s Research Labs to achieve its dynamic mission objectives.
NGA’s Research Labs (RL) are research and development environments directly supporting NGA’s Research missions. The NGA RL operate in a complex multi-security classification level, multi-platform, multi-domain and multi-location environment. The RLs are cutting edge, containing both physical and virtual lab environments, and supporting Research Focus Areas and Support Teams. Each RL, located at five geographically distributed network sites, provides these groups with desktop and server-side IT resources (hardware, software, cloud) along with physical space for hands on work and collaboration. Their physical spaces are designed with the necessary flexibility to support experimentation, technology demonstration and evaluation, and customer exercises.
- Provide System Administration (SA) and Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) support to the RL throughout the National Capital Region, and other geographically dispersed sites.
- Resolve all RL IT support requests and manage RL IT system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems.
- Perform all the functions, responsibilities and status reporting for the accountability of all research accountable lab systems.
- Maintain RL IT systems to the greatest extent possible, under security management of the NGA Enterprise Security Services standard sets of security services and/or provide a comparable mitigation solution.
- Operate and sustain the current and future RL Hardware and Software Configurations, Computing Environments (CRAY - High Performance (NCE), Storage Environments, and Audio/Video Environments for all RL places of performance.
- Provide effective and timely resource dispatch system to resolve problems, escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the RL IT systems; including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices and mobile devices.
- Effective and timely isolation and resolution of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Effective installation and maintenance of operating system and application software.
- Effective Integration of new technologies into the RL network and systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- Design and implementation of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware.
- Install Government provided software, maintain and upgrade any changes or modifications to the existing installed inventory.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Associates Degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience; or bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience; or master’s degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience; or PhD and 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Redmine
- Experience with VMware
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications (these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.