Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to provide engineering support services and resources to enable NGA’s Research Labs to achieve its dynamic mission objectives.
NGA’s Research Labs (RL) are research and development environments directly supporting NGA’s Research missions. The NGA RL operate in a complex multi-security classification level, multi-platform, multi-domain and multi-location environment. The RLs are cutting edge, containing both physical and virtual lab environments, and supporting Research Focus Areas and Support Teams. Each RL, located at five geographically distributed network sites, provides these groups with desktop and server-side IT resources (hardware, software, cloud) along with physical space for hands on work and collaboration. Their physical spaces are designed with the necessary flexibility to support experimentation, technology demonstration and evaluation, and customer exercises.
- Perform a detailed Security Control Assessment on all RL systems as directed by the Authorizing Official (AO) with results documented to include controls that were not met, address all discovered findings, and an established Plan of Action and Milestones containing all critical, high, and exploitable liens as part of the requirements to receive ATO’s for RL systems.
- Manage and update as required, the Information Technology Disaster Recovery (ITDR) plans for all Research systems.
- Coordinate with RL System Administrators to:
- Report all information system and environment changes.
- Ensure ongoing security control assessments are performed and reported.
- Ensure ongoing remediation occurs for all identified system weaknesses and is appropriately documented.
- Ensure system documentation is updated with the results of continuous monitoring processes, and results of those activities are reported to stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Support all Technical Exchange Meetings on new research systems architecture and security issues, and prepare meeting notices, agendas, briefings and minutes.
- Support the enforcement of all DNI and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance for Information Assurance (IA), as it applies to the RL systems.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute all necessary guidance relating to IA training, certification, and workforce management requirements.
- Conduct independent technical and non-technical evaluations of systems architecture based on the security requirements and security controls documented in the certification evidence.
- Maintain a current, complete, and accurate daily repository for all IA certification and accreditation documentation and modifications, and input/update Xacta as required for all Research systems.
- Evaluate existing, maintain and develop as required standardized processes and procedures in support of Information Security.
- Research, recommend, and implement changes to procedures to protect data from future violations of NGA and IC/DoD policy and regulations.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) reporting and patch management for all Research systems.
- Monitor Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) remediation reports. This report contains Critical, High, and Medium vulnerabilities for Research IT systems.
- Assist Research Programs with process, documentation, and approvals necessary to introduce new hardware and software onto Research Lab systems.
- Associates Degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience; or bachelor’s degree and 6 years of prior relevant experience; or master’s degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience; or PhD and 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Redmine
- Experience with Xacta
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Security Clearance: TS/SCI (CI Poly Preferred)
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.