The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Routine activities include reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, additional years of Software Engineer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Experience with C++ and Wlan system toolboxes
- Experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in Java and C or C++
- Experience with scripting languages such as PERL, PYTHON, BASH, or TCL ECLIPSE and/or NETBEANS IDE Java Messaging System (JMS), Apache Service Mix, or equivalent enterprise messaging technologies
- Working experience using a J2EE container
- Experience in software development using Agile methodologies
- Experience of software configuration management, change control and requirements tools such as JIRA & ClearQuest
- Experience with software design and development for SIGINT systems on LINUX and Windows Platforms
- Experience with VLF/HF/VHF/UHF Signal Collection Systems such as or similar to GLAIVE
- Experience with Digital Signals Processing
- Experience with real-time processing and control
- Experience with User Interfaces
- Experience with network protocols and systems
- Experience with Data Flow Networks
- Experience with Speech and Audio including Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Experience with streaming technologies
- Experience with Network and System Security
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.