Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Routine activities include reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, additional years of Software Engineer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Experience with C++ and Wlan system toolboxes
- Experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in Java and C or C++
- Experience with scripting languages such as PERL, PYTHON, BASH, or TCL ECLIPSE and/or NETBEANS IDE Java Messaging System (JMS), Apache Service Mix, or equivalent enterprise messaging technologies
- Working experience using a J2EE container
- Experience in software development using Agile methodologies
- Experience of software configuration management, change control and requirements tools such as JIRA & ClearQuest
- Experience with software design and development for SIGINT systems on LINUX and Windows Platforms
- Experience with VLF/HF/VHF/UHF Signal Collection Systems such as or similar to GLAIVE
- Experience with Digital Signals Processing
- Experience with real-time processing and control
- Experience with User Interfaces
- Experience with network protocols and systems
- Experience with Data Flow Networks
- Experience with Speech and Audio including Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Experience with streaming technologies
- Experience with Network and System Security
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
So, what does Novetta do?
Novetta is an advanced big data analytics company with over two decades of experience solving problems of national significance for government agencies and commercial enterprises worldwide. We have pioneered disruptive technologies and solutions in four key areas of advanced analytics: data, cyber, open source/media, and multi-int analytics. Our specialties include data fusion and entity analytics, digital forensics, software development, geospatial intelligence, biometrics and identify intelligence, cyber/network security services, threat detection, malware analysis, signals processing, cloud analytics, ISR, discovery workflow engineering, systems engineering, and SOC support.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.