Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Provides system engineering, software engineering, configuration management, development deployment, support & sustainment, enhancement, maintenance, training and evolution of High Frequency (HF), Medium Frequency (MF), Low Frequency and Very Low Frequency (VLF) systems, products and solutions including GLAIVE as well as integration with enterprise or external services, products, solutions and infrastructure. The Signals Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances signal processing software (e.g. detectors, demodulators, protocol processors). Routine activities include reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or additional years of Signals Software Engineer experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Java or C++ to maintain, update, and create DSP components used in a large distributed architecture
- Experience with Linux command line proficiency is needed
- Strong Signals Analysis experience to include experience using common signals analysis tooling
- Ability to develop Signal Demod/Decode Libraries in C++
- Understanding of Software Defined Radio and Software-defined Radio Principles
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communications theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools (e.g. WVT, DVT), and digital signal processing (e.g. adaptive beamforming/filtering, demodulation)
- Strong math background is preferred
- Experience with SDR frameworks such as Gnuradio or REDHAWK is preferred but not necessarily required
- Familiarity with Python, Eclipse IDE, Google Protocol Buffer, Matlab, SIMULINK, Service Oriented Architecture or Linux OS
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
So, what does Novetta do?
Novetta is an advanced big data analytics company with over two decades of experience solving problems of national significance for government agencies and commercial enterprises worldwide. We have pioneered disruptive technologies and solutions in four key areas of advanced analytics: data, cyber, open source/media, and multi-int analytics. Our specialties include data fusion and entity analytics, digital forensics, software development, geospatial intelligence, biometrics and identify intelligence, cyber/network security services, threat detection, malware analysis, signals processing, cloud analytics, ISR, discovery workflow engineering, systems engineering, and SOC support.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.