Provides system engineering, software engineering, configuration management, development deployment, support & sustainment, enhancement, maintenance, training and evolution of High Frequency (HF), Medium Frequency (MF), Low Frequency and Very Low Frequency (VLF) systems, products and solutions including GLAIVE as well as integration with enterprise or external services, products, solutions and infrastructure. The Signals Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances signal processing software (e.g. detectors, demodulators, protocol processors). Routine activities include reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or additional years of Signals Software Engineer experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Java or C++ to maintain, update, and create DSP components used in a large distributed architecture
- Experience with Linux command line proficiency is needed
- Strong Signals Analysis experience to include experience using common signals analysis tooling
- Ability to develop Signal Demod/Decode Libraries in C++
- Understanding of Software Defined Radio and Software-defined Radio Principles
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communications theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools (e.g. WVT, DVT), and digital signal processing (e.g. adaptive beamforming/filtering, demodulation)
- Strong math background is preferred
- Experience with SDR frameworks such as Gnuradio or REDHAWK is preferred but not necessarily required
- Familiarity with Python, Eclipse IDE, Google Protocol Buffer, Matlab, SIMULINK, Service Oriented Architecture or Linux OS
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.