Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Prior/current use and knowledge of: PHP scripting for server-side web development, Piwik (now Matomo) open source analytics application, and Jane's open-source intelligence information and ingesting Jane's data into target databases.
- General knowledge and prior use of Java, JSP, Jquery, HTML, CSS, XML JSON, SVN, Angular, Bash, Spring, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, and AWS is also helpful.
- May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to successfully lead small technical teams to address specific technical issues while being an active, contributing member of the team; ability to plan at the tactical (daily, Sprint, yearly) and the strategic (beyond one year) levels; contribute to the bi-quarterly Sprint planning sessions and provide tracking progress for our Integrated Master Schedule which is reported weekly; respond to rapidly to an ever changing mission environment; and support mission support as needed.
- 20+ years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- 5+ years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI clearance with poly
So, what does Novetta do?
Novetta is an advanced big data analytics company with over two decades of experience solving problems of national significance for government agencies and commercial enterprises worldwide. We have pioneered disruptive technologies and solutions in four key areas of advanced analytics: data, cyber, open source/media, and multi-int analytics. Our specialties include data fusion and entity analytics, digital forensics, software development, geospatial intelligence, biometrics and identify intelligence, cyber/network security services, threat detection, malware analysis, signals processing, cloud analytics, ISR, discovery workflow engineering, systems engineering, and SOC support.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.