Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a Software Engineer (JAVA). We are responsible for building next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
- Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- May serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
- HS and 10+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 8+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 6+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 4+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD and 2+ yrs of relevant exp
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming with Java
- Familiarity with Data Interchange Formats -e.g. JSON, XML
- Experience with Software Project Estimation
- Experience with Module Decomposition
- Experience with Database Programming with SQL and T-SQL
- Experience building REST/SOAP services
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Requirements Analysis/Validation -e.g. Writing Unit Tests, User Interface Tests, etc
- Experience with UML Diagramming -e.g. Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams
- Experience debugging applications using logging, VM monitoring, etc
- Experience with Git/Github source control
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications (these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- Experience with DoDAF -e.g. Operational Views, System Views, etc
- Familiarity with Jenkins/Hudson Build Management
- Familiarity with Testing Frameworks -e.g. Mockito
- Familiarity with Model View Controller (MVC), Single Page web Applications (SPA) -e.g. Angular, EmberJS, Backbone, React, etc
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) -e.g. EC2, CloudWatch, Management Console, VPC, etc
- Certification with AWS -e.g. DevOps, Solutions Architect, Developer
Security Clearance: Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.