Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a Data Scientist (Journeyman) in the role of the Maritime Safety Office.This position is to provide both digital and hardcopy maritime products, services, and data to support worldwide Safety of Navigation. Without accurate and up-to-date nautical products, military platforms are at increased risk when they conduct operations, transport personnel and deliver material. The U.S. Navy has made it clear to NGA that it will continue to require both digital and hard copy maritime products for the foreseeable future. Services procured under this contract will primarily support the production and maintenance of Maritime GEOINT at NCE facilities.
- Collect, process, and perform data analysis
- Integrate, centralize, protect, and maintain data in a DBMS
- Clean, massage, and organize data
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Conduct undirected research and frame open-ended industry / customer questions
- Recommend cost-effective changes to existing procedures and strategies
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner using story-telling / visualization
- Create / maintain tools to extract features from a variety of sources including raster to vector, vector to vector, text to vector, and text to database.
- Write / maintain Python Scripts in ARCGIS to improve efficiency of the production process.
- Support Business Processing Re-Engineering
- Perform Data Conversion/migration
- Perform Business Analytics
- Work with the Government on new production capabilities / services
- 3 to 10 years of programming skills with the ability to write / maintain scripts, including Python scripts and Java and familiarity of querying with SQL.
- Advanced knowledge in data science, including the areas of data services, modeling, and analytics.
- Advanced knowledge of geospatial data management including data type conversion; coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM) and their conversions; and knowledge of projections and their properties / conversions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with data quality control tools including ArcGIS Data ReViewer.
- Proficient with ESRI Workflow Manager WMX and TAM.
- Experience with combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Ability to clean / prune data to discard irrelevant information
- Ability to examine data from a variety of angles to determine hidden value, weaknesses, trends, and / or opportunities
- Advanced knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcServer.
- Knowledge of database systems and architecture (ORACLE, PostgresSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB), Microsoft Access)
- Ability writing SQL
- Understanding cloud architecture and DevOps
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to portray features)
- Knowledge of generalization rules.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment (i.e., versioning data)
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and machine to-machine learning.
- Knowledge of Metrics dissemination
- Ability to convert unstructured data into structured data
Security Clearance: Top Secret SCI
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.