The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Job Role Skills:
- Experience in programming and large system software design and development, with knowledge of UNIX/Linux utilizing Agile methodology.
- Support software application migration from an on-premise data center to a cloud environment. Work closely with the client to satisfy rapidly emerging requirements and must be able to work as part of a team to design and implement solutions that meet the customer's issues and concerns.
- Lead and mentor more junior members of the team in the performance of project tasks
- As a member of a large Search and Content Discovery team the candidate will assist in several projects; Faceted Search, Federated Search, Enterprise Catalogs, Really Simple Syndication (RSS) Feeds, Web Dispatcher, Image Search, White Pages Search, plus searching by subject, country, and other relevant categories.
- The search capabilities will be maintained across multiple communities on multiple fabrics. Work closely with the client to satisfy rapidly emerging requirements and must be able to work as part of a team to design and implement solutions that meet the customer's issues and concerns.
Qualifications: Fourteen (14) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI clearance with poly.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.