Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Network Engineer will perform network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
- Level 1
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements.
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
Qualifications: Five (5) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support and training commensurate with network engineering curriculums is required. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline is required. A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to three (3). Five (5) additional years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree. Certifications: An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
Additional Requirements: TS/SCI clearance with poly
So, what does Novetta do?
Novetta is an advanced big data analytics company with over two decades of experience solving problems of national significance for government agencies and commercial enterprises worldwide. We have pioneered disruptive technologies and solutions in four key areas of advanced analytics: data, cyber, open source/media, and multi-int analytics. Our specialties include data fusion and entity analytics, digital forensics, software development, geospatial intelligence, biometrics and identify intelligence, cyber/network security services, threat detection, malware analysis, signals processing, cloud analytics, ISR, discovery workflow engineering, systems engineering, and SOC support.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.