Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Hardware Engineering will provide expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues. Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment. Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. Deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS). Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements. Conduct site surveys. Prepares engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages. Organize and direct hardware installations. Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment. Prepare site installation and test reports. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements. Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies. Provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors.
- Prepare functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors.
- Ensure that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements.
- Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Conduct site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site-unique requirements.
- Develop hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines.
- Train site personnel in proper use of hardware.
- Recommend specifications for hardware acquisitions.
- Prepare engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Prepare drawings documenting as-built configurations at each site.
- Prepare site installation and test reports.
- Configure computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment.
- Prepare installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Organize and directs hardware installations across multiple sites.
- Design and verify test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases.
- Analyze and recommend hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware.
- Assist with building simulations of proposed systems and provides hardware throughput analyses to system engineers.
- Prepare Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses.
- Analyze operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements.
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a HE analyzing complex hardware systems for SIGINT solutions is required. Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI clearance with poly
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.