This job requires creativity and persistence. Analysts in this job will use everything in their network and technical background to solve problems and answer analytical questions. Using their understanding of how networks function, how adversaries behave on the internet, and curiosity—analysts in this position will perform analysis of digital network and mobile communications.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and common protocols such as SSH, HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, BGP, DHCP.
- Understanding of the OSI model and its relevance to internet technologies
- Comfort with the internet threat landscape such as malware analysis, analysis of threat indicators, and indicators of compromise.
- Ability to analyze network traffic data for anomalous or malicious activity with tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, and tshark.
- Any of a number of active Cyber Certifications including but not limited to: GPEN, GXPN, GCFE, GCFA, and OSCP.
Special consideration given for the following skills:
- Scripting skills (e.g. Python, bash)
- Experience with UNIX operating systems.
- Ability to develop network and malware signatures (e.g. Yara, Snort)
- SIGINT experience
- Minimum 1 years’, a Bachelor’s Degree, or participation in a qualifying program that will lead to a Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted for relevant experience.
Level 1: Minimum three years’ experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field
Minimum eight years’ experience with in-depth demonstrated experience.
Minimum 18 years’ experience with in-depth demonstrated experience.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI with favorable Polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.