Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Geospatial Engineer will maintain and enhance a web based application and various tools for the customer’s mission. Using GIS/software development best practices and appropriate COTS or open-source development tools, the geospatial engineer will work with a highly-motivated team to sustain and advance a complex spatially-enabled interactive website. The Geospatial Engineer will be expected to continuously assess new relevant technologies for the customer’s mission and incorporate these technologies as appropriate.
- Manage, enhance, and support the customer’s complex geospatial platform.
- Collaborate with other architecture teams to develop future enhancements and solutions.
- Accelerate innovation by evaluating and rolling out new fit-for-purpose technologies.
- Leverage version control (Git/BitBucket) and build servers (Jenkins) for Continuous Delivery.
- Manage projects through the full development life-cycle.
- Analyze data patterns and implement software modifications to improve accuracy issues.
- Tune performance of existing data and conflation flows to increase efficiency and overall quality.
- Analyze the Department’s global Geocoding and GIS data processing needs.
- Generate global data visualization for analysis and presentations.
- Determine GIS operating characteristics and requirements for global use.
- Assess GIS/Geocoding system designs through review and analysis of user needs.
- Monitor the geocoding/GIS software to ensure proper functionality, troubleshoot data problems.
- Provide technical assistance in planning, engineering, and architecture of systems.
- Install, maintain, and update GIS system software, reference data, and modifying system configurations.
- Generate reports and statistics to meet customer and program requirements.
- Ensure Data Quality of output from GIS systems.
- Work with analyst to develop conceptual approaches & project designs to create solutions.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance required.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.