Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Geospatial Engineer will maintain and enhance a web based application and various tools for the customer’s mission. Using GIS/software development best practices and appropriate COTS or open-source development tools, the geospatial engineer will work with a highly-motivated team to sustain and advance a complex spatially-enabled interactive website. The Geospatial Engineer will be expected to continuously assess new relevant technologies for the customer’s mission and incorporate these technologies as appropriate.
- Manage, enhance, and support the customer’s complex geospatial platform.
- Collaborate with other architecture teams to develop future enhancements and solutions.
- Accelerate innovation by evaluating and rolling out new fit-for-purpose technologies.
- Leverage version control (Git/BitBucket) and build servers (Jenkins) for Continuous Delivery.
- Manage projects through the full development life-cycle.
- Analyze data patterns and implement software modifications to improve accuracy issues.
- Tune performance of existing data and conflation flows to increase efficiency and overall quality.
- Analyze the Department’s global Geocoding and GIS data processing needs.
- Generate global data visualization for analysis and presentations.
- Determine GIS operating characteristics and requirements for global use.
- Assess GIS/Geocoding system designs through review and analysis of user needs.
- Monitor the geocoding/GIS software to ensure proper functionality, troubleshoot data problems.
- Provide technical assistance in planning, engineering, and architecture of systems.
- Install, maintain, and update GIS system software, reference data, and modifying system configurations.
- Generate reports and statistics to meet customer and program requirements.
- Ensure Data Quality of output from GIS systems.
- Work with analyst to develop conceptual approaches & project designs to create solutions.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance required.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.