Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking a Software Engineer, Mid level, located in the NOVA/DC area, to work as part of a software engineering team to design and implement software solutions in support of a C4ISR product application and system infrastructure. The C4ISR product application is a MULTI-INT geospatial visualization platform that synthesizes data from a vast array of sensors and systems, allowing an operator to see a real-time, geospatial common operating picture (COP) of their mission environment.
The selected candidate will have the unique opportunity to work as part of a software engineering team to design and implement software solutions in support of a C4ISR product application and system infrastructure.
- Assist software engineering leadership with application architecture and capability design.
- Efficiently implement high-quality and fully performing software functionality that complies with coding standards and established technical design.
- Actively participate in the agile software development life cycle (SDLC) from design to implementation and deployment
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with software applications in production environments.
- Travel to customer locations to assist with sensor integrations, capability enhancements, or issue resolutions (if required).
- Collaborate with a team of software, test, and system engineers to produce the best C2 solutions possible.
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 3 or more years of experience as a professional software engineer.
- Experience designing, implementing, debugging, and patching customer-facing software.
- Proficiency with software integrated development environments (IDE) and version control systems (VCS).
- Ability to document technical specifications.
- Experience executing Agile methodologies within a software development life-cycle (SDLC).
- Experience creating web service APIs with REST, SOAP, and WebSockets (ideally with ASP.NET and WCF).
- Knowledge of good software architecture patterns and practices.
- Proclivity to thoroughly self-test and harden your written code.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
- Ability to act independently to diagnose and resolve software defects.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.