Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a Systems Engineer who is an IT problem solver to install, configure, automate, and optimize a growing and unique Research and Development environment.
- Implements, operates, and manages R&D virtual and physical infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software problems.
- Conducts research on HW/SW and provide technical advice and recommendations on solutions in support of procurement and infrastructure initiatives.
- Responsible for the monitoring R&D infrastructure components as well and/or cloud infrastructure inclusive of applications, storage, and appliances.
- Review and implement new system releases and vendor supplied patches.
- Install and troubleshoot enterprise production applications.
- Monitor network infrastructure and servers and may perform configuration and troubleshooting on firewalls, routers, switches, traffic optimizers, and load balancers.
- Install, configure and administer Windows Servers, and workstations and recommend modifications and updates.
- Monitor and test systems for performance improvements.
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent IT certified experience.
- 2+ years of experience administering configuring and securing ESXi, vCenter, VSAN, and related storage.
- 2+ years of experience administering, configuring, and securing Windows Servers and Workstations.
- DoD 8570.1 Certification (e.g., Security+) required.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Familiarity with Cisco switches, Dell PowerEdge servers, and storage appliances.
- Experience with Common Big Data, Search Platforms, and Concepts (Hadoop, ElasticSearch & Kibana, Accumulo, Hive, etc.).
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Ansible / Ansible Tower.
- Knowledge of Python, Java, Bash, PowerShell or Software Development experience.
- Cloud experience or System Design Related Certifications (AWS, RHCA, and/or VCP )
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.