Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The GIS Specialist shall support the customer in the planning, collecting, processing, analysis, exploitation, and dissemination of geospatial information to solve intelligence questions and visually depict this knowledge. Be adept using geospatial data in different ways to create customized visual products. Use a variety of data sources to create geospatial products to support analysis. Apply knowledge and experience using geospatial analytic methodologies and principles to understand intelligence issues. Demonstrate understanding of GIS technology, geospatial thinking, remote sensing, and intelligence issues to create information, characterize events, and discover relationships and trends. Knowledge and expertise in digital cartography, image processing, GIS software, geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and commercial imagery, products, processes, and databases. Ability to work closely in a team environment focused on producing mission critical analytic products.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree
- Position requires five (5) years of related experience
- Experience with geospatial software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Erdas IMAGINE, ENVI, Remote View, (NES), SOCET GXP and/or related GEOINT analysis tools and systems
- Proficiency with ArcGIS desktop, geodatabase structure and capabilities, projections and other GIS techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cartography, GIS, spatial modeling
- Knowledge of best practices for data standards, data management, data quality
- Experience in the Intelligence Community
- Experience with open source geospatial technology and databases
- Experience with the IC and external geospatial data
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph required.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.