Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking an experienced Network Architect, located in the Columbia, Maryland area, to be responsible for developing, installing, maintaining and evaluating network systems and communications. The Network Architect will troubleshoot the complex network issues involving various factors, and conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc. The position also provides direct support to the end-users of the baseline mission essential systems deployed in an operational environment.
- Define, document, and maintain the system and network architecture for the project.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems.
- Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or distributed system architectures.
- Communicate project information to project leadership through presentations, technical reports or white papers.
- Serve as system subject matter expert, lead high visibility demonstrations of capabilities and key system components.
- Meet with operational end-users to gather/validate project requirements and communicate them back to the software and test engineering team.
- 8+ years of technical experience leading engineering teams to develop results and present to support business development activities.
- Experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on IP and Ethernet networks.
- Experience in managed IT services or enterprise environment
- Expert level TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
- Excellent understanding of security concepts, including but not limited to, firewalls, encryption, hardening, intrusion detection, access control, and incident response.
- Experience maintaining cyber-security best practices in production environments.
- Expert-level design skills in Microsoft Visio.
- Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with data management and disaster recovery processes.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Ability to mentor and train junior team members.
- Ability to lead a small engineering support team to provide daily project direction and guidance.
- Collect customer requirements and plan weekly tasks for the team.
- Experience working on U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) projects.
- Experience creating presenting and briefing project leadership.
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary.
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or military experience in IT, sensors, RADAR, or ISR.
- CCIE (Data Center or Routing & Switching) Certification.
- Secret security clearance with the ability to be upgraded to TS/SCI.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.