Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a Data and ER Engineer who will work closely with application development, ETL and DBA teams to solve our customer's most difficult problems. Additionally, they will be responsible for interfacing with both the government customer and other customer teams to ensure the interoperability of our system with others and complete special projects/proof-of-concepts as required.
- Design and develop new attribute matching and/or analytics capabilities, including exploitation across large-scale relational and graph databases.
- Provide technical expertise to support application enhancement, bug fixes, and issue resolution for demanding operational customers.
- Support emerging law enforcement name matching, record linking, and analytical mission needs with prototypes and new software.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of solid Python and/or Java development experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
- Must work well in a multi-team environment, as well as independently.
- Experience in designing parallel systems and cluster computing.
- Strong understanding of entity resolution and name matching tools and techniques.
- Experience with Elastic and Titan/graph databases.
- SQL and/or NoSQL experience, both in administering and using/querying.
- Some background in data management and analytics.
- Understanding of metrics gathering and analysis.
- C/C++ experience.
- Active DoD or DOJ Secret clearance required.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a full DEA suitability, with stringent requirements around the use of illegal drugs.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.