Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Performs overall network defense activities. Provides in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or infected/compromised systems and network devices. Performs necessary inspection and reverse-engineering activities to understand the behavior of the software and the root cause for its presence. Develops recommendations on how to counter or mitigate the threat.
- 10+ years of experience in malware reverse engineering using static and dynamic analysis tools to include disassemblers, debuggers, virtual machines, hex editors, and un-packers to include: Commercial (IDA Pro, Hex-Rays, WinDbg, etc.) and Open Source tools like OllyDbg.
- 10+ years of experience in malware reverse engineering to determine attack vectors, payloads, exfiltration mechanisms, etc. on one or more of Linux, Windows, or Mobile Platforms.
- Demonstrated experience writing code (C, C++, Python, Perl, Java, Powershell, Assembly language, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) tools and techniques.
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats.
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models like Cyber Kill Chain, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux OS and mobile iOS/Android forensics.
- Strong understanding of network protocols and networking concepts.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System Internals and Windows APIs.
- Strong understanding of the PE file format and experience parsing structured or unstructured data.
- Experience using EnCase, X-Ways, FTK, and Open Source methods and tools to perform Malware/Forensic Investigations.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.