Nova Labs is the founding team behind the Helium Network, the world’s fastest-growing decentralized wireless network, now live in over 74,000+ cities and 182 countries.
Nova Labs was founded in 2013 by Napster Founder Shawn Fanning, Amir Haleem, and Sean Carey, with a mission to make it easier to build connected devices. The company has raised equity funding from some of the most prominent Venture Capital (VC) firms in the world including GV (formerly Google Ventures), Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Marc Benioff, MunichRe and others.
We are looking for an Senior Accountant to join our Accounting & Finance Team. As a member of the Accounting team, you will work across the business to analyze accounting treatment for certain transactions, record and report accounting transactions, and optimize processes for efficient and accurate data flow. You will collaborate with these, and other business partners daily to ensure accurate and timely accounting.
In this role you will:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process for areas, as assigned.
- Reconcile accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare various reconciliations and analysis of account activity.
- Identify risks, implement controls, and maintain proper process documentation.
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, as well as periodic internal audits.
- Complete complex research and inquiries of GL transactions and activities.
- Assist the Accounting team with any ad hoc requests or responsibilities, including additional sections within the monthly close process.
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process improvement.
- Assist in development and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate internal & external audit and tax requests including preparation of supporting reports and documentation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, VLookUps, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or finance (or related degree).
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Netsuite & Quickbooks experience a plus.
- A proactive person who can multitask, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize/balance multiple tasks in order to meet team goals and deadlines.
- Willingness to contribute beyond the defined role to meet our needs as circumstances require.
- Critical thinking skills to identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Big 4 background is nice to have.
- Total compensation structure at Nova Labs is base salary + private equity + perks/benefits
- The salary pay scale for the target experience and target skill set for this role is $80k-$133k
- We are a remote-first company
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid vacation and paid company holidays
- Vacation stipend
- Monthly wellness/gym stipend
- Annual hardware stipend
- 401K plan