The world needs smart food solutions that are friendly to the palate and the planet, but right now, plant-based and alternative protein products just don’t stack up to the real thing.
And that’s where Nourish comes in.
Our animal-free fats and oils make alternative proteins taste delicious. With our science, we can tailor flavour profiles that precisely reproduce the taste and mouthfeel of beef, chicken, fish, milk, cheese and beyond. Products made with our fats are more than an alternative, they’re a straight up improvement. Backed by Horizons Ventures and Main Sequence Ventures, Nourish Ingredients are a key player in the future of a smarter, more sustainable, and more diverse food system.
Our team is rapidly growing and we’re on the hunt for a Facilities Manager to join our and help our company to achieve our big, audacious goals to transform the plant-based and alternative protein sector.
As our team expands, one of our goals is a brand new science centre which will house our team of leading Scientists and amazing team members. In the role of Facilities Manager, you will lead and manage all aspects of the company facilities, both leased and owned.
Our Facilities Manager will:
- Use their prior experience in Facilities Management to oversee the preventative, routine and emergency repair and maintenance of all facilities and facilities support equipment.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to gain buy-in, seek input and provide updates on new facilities and expansions of current facilities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure that the current facilities meet all the requirements for a functioning space and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare reports on the progress of allocated projects and plans to the Executive Team
- Manage all building contracts, providing supervision, technical evaluation, advice and approval of required expenditure
- Oversee the WH&S of our facilities and employees.
Types of Projects you’ll be working on:
- Leading the development and planning of the expansion of our Mitchell Facility
- Lead the development and planning of new facilities including management of administration related tasks such as Development Applications, budgets and compliance
- Review the existing facilities to ensure they are fit for purpose, suggestions for enhancements and meet all regulatory requirements.
- Relevant Degree, Trade, Engineering or Facilities Management qualification preferable
- 5+ years in facilities, operations, property or asset management preferred in a laboratory environment or similar roles.
- Experience in leading fit out, refurbishment and relocation projects
- Knowledge of the workings of a complex, scientific research or similar facility including air-conditioning systems, electrical and fire systems, plumbing and essential services tailored to the unusual demands of a science research facility.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the Australian and ACT regulatory environment relevant to the position and an understanding of compliance regimes for building management
- Well-developed computer and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent ability to influence and negotiate for a sound resolution
- Strong project and people management experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Confident and have a strong ability to influence
- Determined and motivated
- A fast learner
If you do a good job:
The world is your plant-based oyster! This is a pivotal role that will provide you with an opportunity to gain experience within the alternative food ingredient industry and be on the cutting edge of bio-technology. We want everyone at Nourish to have equal access to success and joy, and this role will be integral in driving both of these things to the team!
- Opportunity to be part of something big as we set out to change the way the planet looks at sustainable, plant-based alternatives.
- A supportive and collaborative environment.
- Opportunities to collaborate with some of the world’s leading science, food technology, fermentation and synthetic biologists.
- The potential to participate in the Nourish Employee Share Option Plan.
- Generous Relocation budget and support for interstate employees.
**Maybe this role is not for you if:
- Prefer to have a role with specific focus. As a start-up employee, you will need to wear many hats and get your hands dirty with tasks and projects outside of the traditional scope of this role.
Here’s how to apply:
Send us your CV now along with a brief cover letter telling us:
- Why you are the best person for this job and why you want to work for Nourish Ingredients
This is a unique opportunity to be part of solving real world problems and help spur the next era of alternative protein food production. Find out more about Nourish Ingredients here: