The world needs smart food solutions that are friendly to the palate and the planet, but right now, plant-based and alternative protein products just don’t stack up to the real thing.
And that’s where Nourish comes in.
Our animal-free fats and oils make alternative proteins taste delicious. With our science, we can tailor flavour profiles that precisely reproduce the taste and mouthfeel of beef, chicken, fish, milk, cheese and beyond. Products made with our fats are more than an alternative, they’re a straight up improvement. Backed by Horizons Ventures and Main Sequence Ventures, Nourish Ingredients are a key player in the future of a smarter, more sustainable, and more diverse food system.
We're always interested in hearing from world-class talent, even when we don’t have your perfect role listed on our careers page.
Do you want to make an impact? As an essential member of our young and dynamic start-up based in Canberra, you’ll work side by side with our bright and talented team as we set out to make plant-based meat and dairy alternative taste like (or better than!) the real thing.
The world is your plant-based oyster! This is a pivotal role that will provide you with an opportunity shape and develop our culture during an exciting time of local and global growth. We want everyone at Nourish to have equal access to success and joy, and this role will be integral in driving both of these things to the team!
- Opportunity to be part of something big as we set out to change the way the planet looks at sustainable, plant-based alternatives
- A supportive and collaborative environment
- Flexible work options and dependent on your role, scope to work remotely some (or all) of the time
- Opportunities for meaningful ownership in the company
- Relocation assistance for interstate or overseas individuals (and their family) to move near our Headquarters in Canberra, Australia
- A career track record that highlights your passion for your work and your focus on quality
- A talent for teamwork and collaboration – you live by the mantra ‘’There’s no I in Team”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Talent for setting and achieving goals, working independently, and taking initiative to get the job done
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and an innovative mindset
- If you are applying for a scientific role:
- A qualification in synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, biological engineering, molecular biology, food science, chemistry or other relevant field
- Experience in areas such as yeast or fungal fermentation, lipid engineering or food science
- Experience in building new products or ingredients for the food industry
- Understanding of regulation or compliance requirements around new food ingredients
- Experience managing a team
- Experience across an area such as Marketing, People and Culture, Product Development,
**Maybe this role is not for you if:
- You need a lot of direction or a roadmap to start a project.
- Prefer to have a role with specific focus. You’ll need to wear many hats and get your hands dirty with tasks and projects outside of the traditional scope of your role.
How to apply
If this looks, sounds and feels like you but none of the jobs currently listed meet your skills, just send us a speculative application! Please submit your CV/Resume along with a short summary telling us:
- Why you’re applying to work with Nourish Ingredients
- What role(s) you’re interested in
- A time you made a big impact in the workplace and how you did it
This is a unique opportunity to be part of solving real world problems and help spur the next era of alternative protein food production. Find out more about Nourish Ingredients here: