About The Role:
Notion’s Creative Studio is a growing team of designers, illustrators, and filmmakers serving creative needs across the company. We're looking for a seasoned, creatively-excellent, operationally-savvy, empathetic Brand Design Lead to scale our talented Brand Design team. You’ll be responsible for leading the Brand Design team and will be reporting to Notion’s Head of Creative. You’ll be responsible for the overall design output, holding the highest bar on quality, high-level creative direction, managing projects end-to-end, measuring success, and evangelizing the team’s work internally and externally.
What you’ll achieve:
As a leader, you will substantially craft the vision and the next chapter of our brand while leading and growing an inclusive, fast-paced design culture, supporting an interdisciplinary team and collaborating with partners across the business to scale our efforts while maintaining the highest standards of quality. Projects will span advertising and marketing collateral across the company, talent brand, external and internal comms, and more, working cross-functionally with teams across Notion. Our Brand Design Lead will help make the abstract ask clearer, the challenging project happen, and the process of building our brand more engaging and purposeful for key partners and decision-makers alike.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- Proven leader who inspires teams to do their best work
- Highest bar for quality of design
- 10+ years experience with 5+ years of direct management experience, ideally in tech
- Excels at working with creative talent and all kinds of creative formats, from design to film, including contractors, agencies, and other specialists
- Pacesetter who motivates others with mentorship, commitment, and optimism
- Leader equally at home driving accountability, facilitating a workshop, whiteboarding on a new idea, elevating and refining a concept, mentoring a team member, or knowing the right collaborator for a campaign.
- Empathetic and collaborative cross-functional partner able to crisply and precisely communicate design intent and drive alignment on decisions and next steps
- Highly organized, strong partner to both Creative Strategy and Operational partners across the Creative Team
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in New York, the estimated base salary range for this role is $190,000 - $240,000 per year.