We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
The Strategic Finance team is a newly established function, responsible for maximizing Notion’s long term value by evaluating and facilitating strategic decisions, allocating and deploying the Company’s resources efficiently. This team is responsible for leading the annual and quarterly planning process, performing financial analyses and partnering with teams across Notion to track performance at the company and strategic level.
You will be leading the Revenue & Growth Strategic Finance team, responsible for consolidating all of Notion’s top-line drivers with a focus on the Self-serve motion. As a leader of the team, you will design frameworks that provide critical decision support to our Executive team and working closely with partners in Product, Engineering, Data, Finance & Accounting and drive continual operational improvements to scale the product-led growth side of the business. This role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic and is comfortable building from zero to one and beyond. You will roll up your sleeves and provide in-depth financial management to drive accountability with key stakeholders and business partners. This role reports to the Head of Strategic Finance.
What You'll Achieve:
- Drive cross-functional alignment in Self-serve / Product-led growth strategy across Product, Engineering, Data, Finance & Accounting in close collaboration with CFO and Product/Engineering leadership
- Build, improve and maintain the company top-line model and operating plan, linking key actions and inputs to growth and profitability
- Lead annual planning, quarterly reforecasts, and provide insights on weekly/monthly pacing against overall top-line target
- Evaluate and analyze the impact of short and long-term planning and implementation of new strategies; develop financial analyses to help inform strategic decisions and evaluate LTV, ROI, and long-range forecast implications
- Translate business trends and market intelligence into the Company’s growth strategy, and work with executives to steer financial analyses around key decisions
- Develop a deep understanding of Notion’s Self-Serve and Sales-assisted funnel. Communicate and apply actionable insights on risks and opportunities based on the data
- Prepare deep dives for Executive team and the Board of Directors on Self-serve and overall top-line business performance, in collaboration with key stakeholders to inform operating health and future investment decisions
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 12+ years of proven experience in Strategic Finance/FP&A preferably with 4+ years of experience in investment banking/private equity or management consulting and exposure to high growth SaaS/Consumer businesses
- Experience and excitement to build finance infrastructure from the ground up, from the strategic to the tactical
- Deep understanding of both product-led growth and sales-led growth B2B SaaS businesses, metrics, and customer lifecycle
- Exceptional quantitative skills with mastery in developing and designing financial and operating models
- Experience distilling complex analyses into structured frameworks and develop concrete action plans
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and have a startup hustle mentality
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify messaging while understanding the nuances
- Proven leadership with a track record of hiring, building and managing a team
- Experience with planning tools (Anaplan, Adaptive)
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with Data team to measure performance, access relevant data and build dashboards
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in high growth enterprise SaaS and high growth consumer businesses
- Experience building organizations to scale
- Experience transitioning a company from private to public
- Experience in a public company FP&A team
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $205,000 - $275,000 per year.