We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in-person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Imagine a product that's reached millions of users through word of mouth. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of teams, with limitless growth potential ahead. Now it's time to turn up the dial on this growth by helping more people discover Notion and the value it can provide. We're looking for someone to lead this effort.
Why this Role?
- Build the performance marketing function from the ground up: This person will have the opportunity to build a profitable performance marketing function from 0 to 1 with the ability to scale quickly once we’ve proven channels.
- A Huge opportunity with performance marketing: Notion is a product with many use-cases making the landscape to build this function vast with a high cieling.
- Join us at a magical time: We've hit profitability and millions users with an extremely small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with.
- Work with a world-class team: We've been able to achieve the scale of teams 10x our size because we all love to solve thorny problems and focus on craft.
What You'll Achieve:
- Create, execute, and support a global, multi-channel advertising strategy with the goal of maximizing return on ad spend.
- Develop a pipeline for experimentation across marketing channels, audience targeting, creative, and messaging, and execute statistically valid tests to validate your hypotheses.
- Independently perform detailed quantitative analysis on marketing performance data at a macro (marketing mix) and micro (individual channel performance) level, report on this analysis on a regular basis, and use it to continuously improve Notion's marketing strategy and execution.
- Collaborate closely with the creative team to continuously improve ad creative and landing pages in order to meet performance goals.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You have built a performance marketing function from $0 to $10M+ in spend with a strong payback period.
- You are very data-driven and move quickly to test, optimize, and scale performance marketing campaigns.
- You are capable of individually running the entire performance marketing function, and are excited to do so until the workload justifies growing the team.
- You have experience allocating large marketing budgets across a portfolio of channels to achieve maximum return on ad spend.
- You have direct experience managing channels such as: Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and more.
- You are able to easily learn new channels as necessary to drive performance goals.
- You have very strong analytical abilities. You are able to use complex SQL, Excel, and other tools with ease to analyze large data sets and generate thoughtful, actionable reports.
- You have a strong understanding of statistical significance and know how to run statistically valid multivariate tests.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with internal or external teams to optimize marketing assets and landing pages.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with both SaaS and B2B marketing.
- Experience building in a product-led growth company.
- Experience building and managing a team.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco or New York City, the estimated base salary range for this role is $165,000 - $195,000.