We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
The mission of the Business Technology team is to be a strategic and responsive thought partner to drive Notion's critical go-to-market and foundation goals. This team is comprised of process and systems subject matter experts who can collaborate with business partners to define problems, identify the right tool(s) to address these issues, and design and implement the appropriate systems.
As the first Finance Systems Manager, you will be a critical part of defining the foundation of Notion’s finance tech stack. Your experience and knowledge of finance processes and systems across quote-to-cash, invoicing, and procure-to-pay will be instrumental in driving our tooling strategy and drive execution of critical initiatives. You will own the finance system roadmap, build bridges across data silos, and implement innovative solutions to unlock our business goals. As a founding member of the team, your career growth will boundless. You will be an early leader in this function, have the opportunity to grow your team, and influence decisions in shaping our tech stack.
What You'll Achieve:
- Own strategy and execution of Finance systems roadmap, determine resources required to fulfill run-the-business and project demand, and be accountable for all sales systems implementation plans
- Primary thought partner to Finance teams (Accounting, Procurement, and FP&A) to evaluate system capability requirements, provide consultative guidance on roadmap strategy, and drive engagement through regular cadence business reviews
- Critically evaluate system inefficiencies, drive fit-gap assessments, reduce month-end-close cycle, and provide recommendations for Finance technology solutions that can scale with growing needs of the business
- Own delivery of Finance system portfolio, drive system design and manage end-to-end technology projects, including project planning, status tracking, design, testing and release activities
- Able to independently coordinate and drive large-scale projects with minimal supervision. Owns overall design solutions and execution of programming.
- Triage and address any functional systems issues or integrated data issues with the help of contractors
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 6+ years of hands on functional knowledge of finance systems architecture and integrated data processes
- Subject matter expert in quote-to-cash and procure-to-pay system business processes and knowledge of SaaS billing, procurement, ERP systems architecture
- Exceptional ability to partner with business stakeholders to distill cross-functional process and data challenges, scope them into manageable design components, and deliver optimal system solutions
- Experience implementing optimizations in subscription billing tools (e.g. Stripe, Zuora), procurement solutions, and understanding the nuances of integrated data into ERPs (e.g. Netsuite)
- Experience leading a team of analysts and / or consultants to deliver project goals
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in Notion’s current finance tech stack (Stripe, Netsuite, Zip, Salesforce)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.