We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Headspace, Curology, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
The mission of the Corporate Development team is to bring on teams and technology through acquisitions that will accelerate Notion’s growth. We partner with the executive team and our engineering and product leaders to prioritize the areas of our roadmap that would most benefit from acquisitions.
Our team will provide a unique external perspective to leadership through our knowledge of and relationships with relevant startups and a direct pulse of competitive dynamics in our ecosystem.
As one of the first members of the Corporate Development team, you will be instrumental in not only getting some of our first acquisitions over the finish line, but laying the foundations for the team to have an impact for years to come.
What You'll Achieve:
- Support the entirety of the M&A process including strategy, sourcing, diligence, negotiation, execution, and integration
- Strategy: Partner with key stakeholders across product and engineering to drive alignment and prioritize areas for Corp Dev to explore. Monitor startup landscape and key announcements to develop views on industry activities and overall market trends
- Sourcing: Identify all relevant startups in our space and build relationships with the founders
- Diligence: Support business case development for potential acquisitions, including building financial models and conducting valuation analysis
- Negotiation: Develop empathy with founders of potential targets as you negotiate Term Sheets and Merger Agreements
- Execution: Coordinate the due diligence process in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Integration: After we close a deal, you will be responsible to operationalize its success internally in partnership with the deal owner, including periodic evaluations of performance
- In addition to the above, develop key internal processes and artifacts for the company’s corporate development function to help us scale and continuously improve
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in highly strategic, operational, or analytical environments e.g. Corp Dev, Investment Banking, Consulting, BizOps or Investing
- Support all aspects of deal execution including financial modeling, due diligence, integration planning, and coordination of cross-functional teams
- A collaboration mindset, the ability to partner and influence effectively across various departments, and willingness to roll up sleeves to do what needs to be done to make a deal successful
- Ability to frame problems concisely and thoughtfully, create narratives and tee up the key questions and decisions needed to drive a process forward
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with utmost attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Experience at a SaaS company
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.