We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Millions of people use Notion — and this number is increasing every day. Our users depend on us to deliver a secure and trustworthy experience, and we value this more than anything. In this role, we are looking security engineers who would be responsible for aspects security of our platform, product and our users.
We are looking for security generalists, with a strong engineering background; or a software engineers who have worked on security adjacent problems.
What You'll Achieve:
- You’ll design, implement and maintain technical controls to mitigate classes of security bugs.
- You'll act as a liaison for multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, go to market, and security ops / compliance, to guide and prioritize the right security investments.
- You'll help scale the engineering organization and mentor engineers on best practices in secure software design and architecture.
- You’ll enable the growth of Notion’s business by building a secure foundation that earns the trust of Notion’s users.
- You'll participate in security assessments, code audits, and advise on on both internal and customer security needs.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Security architecture and expertise: You have experience building systems to secure and monitor cloud architectures. You can contribute directly to our main codebase to raise the bar on security systems design and address vulnerabilities. You'll bring experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Data Security
- Application Security/Product Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Infrastructure/Cloud Security
- Security feature development
- Working in production: You have experience writing code and productionizing your solutions. You appreciate the skill of building automated solutions and scaling your impact via code.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly — you model threat risks and balance the right security investments with the right bottom line outcomes.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: For you, work isn't a solo endeavor. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
Nice to Haves:
- You have experience leading engineering teams with a security focus.
- You've managed, maintained, and monitored systems using technologies like Amazon Web Services, Datadog, Postgres, Redis, Memcached, and Elasticsearch.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.