We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. Usually based in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, we've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
The mission of the Business Operations team is to bring data insight, operational capability and business expertise to drive the growth of Notion. We partner with the executive team to define business strategies, drive cross-functional projects and unlock new growth opportunities. Our team provides strategic perspectives and analytical horsepower to solve critical business strategy, optimization, and operations problems across the organization.
As one of the first members of the Business Operations team, you will be instrumental in shaping the future of the function and the overall business.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with key stakeholders across marketing, sales, customer experience, and product to drive business strategy by synthesizing insights and setting actionable plans
- Identify new areas for growth and optimization across Notion
- Drive high-impact cross-functional initiatives such as pricing strategy, strategic investments and geographic expansion
- Leverage your business background to design and implement strong systems & processes that improve performance
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in highly strategic, operational, and analytical environments e.g. business operations, investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity or venture capital
- Ability to solve complex business problems, think from first principles, and build scalable processes
- Experience in efficient insight generation, quickly arriving at a conclusion and logical next steps
- Proven track record of building strong collaborative relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Strong self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and proactively drive business results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong SQL skill required
- Experience at a high-growth SaaS company
- Experience in product management and new product launches
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.