We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. We've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on professional who enjoys high-growth environments and is excited to own the end-to-end administration of Notion’s equity plans. In this role, you will partner closely with Legal, People Operations, and Accounting teams and will report to Notion’s General Counsel. You should be a self-starter and have a passion for excellent service in helping your colleagues understand Notion’s equity plans.
This role will be based in our San Francisco office. However, under current circumstances, remote work is being accommodated in order to comply with safety measures.
What You'll Do:
- Own broad responsibility for Notion’s equity plans, including administering equity plans (US and international) and processing equity grants, exercises, and terminations
- Design and implement educational sessions, presentations, and communication materials for the global employee base to support understanding of equity programs and policies
- Lead stock plan financial reporting activities for audit and external reporting
- Partner with the People Operations, Finance, and Legal teams to develop processes which ensure the accuracy of all equity data
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and foreign regulations along with securities laws
- Assist efforts to improve the stock administration function, including improving and introducing additional best practices with controls, automate routine workstreams and paperwork processes to ensure more efficient, accurate, and processing of stock administration matters and reports
- Ability to manage external and internal resources to help with the execution of all of matters above
What We're Looking For:
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) is strongly preferred
- 9+ years of relevant experience in administration of global broad-based equity plans
- Experience working directly with major third-party equity software systems
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation
- Understanding of accounting standards relating to equity compensation
- Experience and desire to partner with other teams in the equity-related processes, including Legal, People Operations, Accounting, and Finance
- Desire to contribute to equity-related policies from both a philosophical and operational perspective
- Experience with equity-related matters in a variety of corporate transactions affecting capitalization
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions to complex or non-standard situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to directly interact with, and build trusted relationships, with internal and external partners and leaders
- Resilience, resourcefulness, and the ability to make recommendations and decisions with imperfect facts
- Independent and strategic thought combined with excellent team player qualities (no job is too small or too large) and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.