We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Notion was built by a small team but has a huge surface area, in a number of senses: it can be used for docs, as a wiki, for project management, and more; it's used by individual consumers, small teams, and large enterprises. The beauty and challenge of Notion is that it can be molded to fit an incredible variety of uses and applications. Launching an API and platform products will open up this field even more, and extend our reach in new and unprecedented ways. In this role, you'll:
- Start at the beginning: Our API is pre-release, so you would lead product in our earliest stages, helping us build our platform products from the ground up and leading us through launch.
- Build for an engaged community: Our users are extremely creative and passionate about the product and the opportunity to build with our API. You'll have an immediate audience of over 25K developers on our waitlist who are beyond dedicated and enthusiastic.
- Drive the development of powerful platform experiences: You’ll work closely with engineering, developer advocacy and partnerships to create value for developers, their teams, and users taking advantage of integrations built atop the Notion platform.
What You'll Achieve:
- You'll help formulate Notion's long-term product vision, goals, metrics and strategy.
- You'll translate that strategy into concrete plans and objectives over the short- and medium-term.
- You'll guide the prioritization of work and help make resourcing and prioritization tradeoffs more generally.
- You'll build a compelling product roadmap based on customer needs, resources, and strategic opportunities.
- You'll work closely with our Data Science and Finance teams to ensure we're using the right metrics to inform our product roadmap and to measure success.
- You'll help design the product function at Notion—what it's responsible for, how it interfaces with other teams, and how it'll grow and develop over time.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You have a strong track record of shipping developer-facing products users love.
- You have experience using both quantitative data (e.g., metrics, analytics) and qualitative data (e.g., user feedback) to inform product prioritization. You can analyze data yourself by writing SQL queries and using data analysis tools.
- You collaborate well cross-functionally—especially with engineering, marketing, sales, and support—to get an organization working together towards strategic objectives.
- You have a Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience.
- You have built, or are committed to building, diverse and inclusive product teams.
Nice to Haves:
- You have experience hiring and managing product managers.
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
- You've helped design the product function at a startup and care a lot about shaping (and working in) a high-impact, collaborative organization.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.