We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. We've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
We are currently looking for the first member of our Legal Operations function. This role will be one of the first members of Notion’s Legal Team and you will work with the General Counsel to build the foundation for an efficient and effective Legal Team from day one. You will have the opportunity to contribute towards building a forward-thinking Legal Team that reflects Notion’s agile operating environment. You will be able to use your excellent organizational and problem-solving skills to help meet Notion’s ambitious goals. In this role, you will be relied upon to identify and execute on operational improvement opportunities across the team through independent analysis and assessment of team and company priorities.
This role will be based in our San Francisco office. However, under current circumstances, remote work is being accommodated in order to comply with safety measures.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement practical processes for the Legal Team and identify, evaluate and implement process team efficiency improvements
- Learn current processes involving the Legal Team, own manual processes over the short-term while you identify and execute on long-term solutions to efficiently improve such processes
- Manage the Legal Team's technology and systems, including identifying, scoping needs for, and managing the design and rollout of new technology tools and systems
- Develop and maintain tools and processes to maintain, manage, and troubleshoot relationships with outside counsel
- Represent the Legal in cross functional collaboration projects with partner teams (such as sales and business operations) to optimize legal support within the company
- Provide data that informs team decision-making through research, gathering of background material, and the identification, tracking and reporting on key team metrics
- Other legal support functions, including organizing information and documents using internal systems and general administrative support
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally in legal operations at a high-growth software technology company or at a law firm
- Demonstrated experience building legal or operational programs, projects, and/or processes
- Understanding of a broad set of core legal functions and services provided by in house legal team
- Natural curiosity, technologically savvy, and willingness to learn and operate tools, applications and systems that benefit the team’s workflows
- Ability to initiate and manage complex projects across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Resilience, resourcefulness, and the ability to make recommendations and decisions with imperfect facts
- Ability to create compelling and engaging business communications that clearly communicate complex topics
- Understanding of iterative process implementations and an ability to influence other teams to adopt new systems that create cross-functional efficiencies
- Experience with performing current state analysis, needs assessments, process mapping, and business requirements gathering
- Familiarity using Notion