We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. We've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
Notion is looking for our first Developer Advocate! The beauty and challenge of Notion is that it can be molded to fit an incredible variety of uses and applications. Launching an API will open up this field even more, and extend our reach in new and unprecedented ways. We're looking for the right person to build, equip, and empower our global community of developers to create this platform with us.
- Start at the very beginning: Our API is pre-release, so you would define our developer relations program from the ground up and lead us through launch.
- Partner with an engaged community: Our users are extremely creative and passionate about the product and the opportunity to build with our API. You'll have an immediate audience that is beyond dedicated and enthusiastic.
- Join us at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over a million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to experiment and move fast.
- Lead a step-change for our user base: All of our growth has been organic to date. Our API will help Notion reach millions more, and help them do more with it.
What You'll Do:
- Create and execute on a launch plan that includes a beta with key partnerships, reference implementations, testing, a constant feedback cycle with product and marketing, high quality documentation, and ongoing community efforts.
- Help the engineering team create the strongest products possible by capturing developer feedback and contributing yourself.
- Author and edit documentation. Create your own samples and best practices to share, and help developers build better products and content.
- Share our APIs and updates with the right audiences to build our community, ensure their feedback makes it into the product, and support them to share content they've created.
- Partner with engineering to keep the community up to date on the roadmap and releases. Work closely with marketing and sales to tell new stories about how Notion is being used and the value it can provide.
- Speak at conferences and in other forums to reach Notion developers. Figure out how we can leverage Notion's existing community around the world to build mindshare.
What We're Looking For:
- You have a strong technical background and a strong presence in the developer community.
- You're an exceptionally strong external communicator, adept at interfacing with partners and large audiences alike.
- You're experienced at rallying internal stakeholders and project managing on a deadline. In particular, you've partnered with engineering teams to deliver anticipated products.
- You're creative and have an informed interest in marketing and business opportunities that the API will open and accelerate.
- You're a skilled community leader, at your best when you're informing and engaging large communities so they gain members and momentum over time.
- You're ready to own a program end-to-end and build an organization that will grow as a pillar of the company.
- You've been an early developer advocacy hire at a fast growing start up before.
- You love the Notion product and want to build a community around it.